Standing or working on your feet all day can be very difficult, especially if you work or stand on concrete or hard surfaces. Wearing work boots for extended periods can also be painful, especially if they’re new and you need to break them in. However, a good pair of work socks can help to add additional padding that can help revive your sore and achy feet.
But, finding a high-quality pair of work socks can be difficult, especially with all of the different types and brands available. We’ve rounded up the best 10 work socks and provided mini-reviews. Additionally, our buyer’s guide makes it easy to keep important factors in mind when you’re shopping for your new work socks.
Work Socks Buyer’s Guide
Design and Size
One of the big factors to be aware of are your socks’ size and their design. Some socks are designed to go with work boots, and others are designed to go with shoes. Also, you want a sock that’s going to fit snugly to your foot and provide support along your arches.
Moisture Wicking and Odor Control
Keeping your feet dry and cool all day can be a challenge. Your work socks should have moisture wicking capabilities and ventilation so you get good airflow and your feet stay dry. An antimicrobial feature is good too because it helps to fight odors, bacteria, and fungus.
Padding is very important because it can help to make you more comfortable as you wear them day in and day out. You want a slightly thicker knit along the sole of your sock. Also, it’s a good idea to have reinforced heel and toe areas because these are the two areas that work the hardest.
Ribbed work socks can provide additional support to your arches and the bottom of your foot. This support can help to reduce the amount of fatigue you feel at the end of the day, and it’ll help you to stay more comfortable.
10 Best Work Sock Reviews
1. Dickies Men’s Heavyweight Cushion Compression Work Crew Socks
These work socks come with a blend of cotton, polyester, and spandex. They offer arch and ankle compression for a more comfortable feel. You get a protective pad over your Achilles heel, and it also protects against rubbing.
These socks come with a full cushion support system so you can wear them all day and feel comfortable. They’re also breathable and allow for good airflow. You can choose from several sizes, and they’re machine washable, so they’re very easy to clean and maintain use after use.
- Offer a full cushion comfort system
- Tall enough to work with higher boots
- May slide down as you move around
- Might not have enough cushion or support
2. The Sock Crew Mens 8 Pair Pack Crew Work Socks
These work socks come with moisture wicking capabilities that will keep your feet dry. Also, it helps eliminate odors and moisture that can cause common infections or fungus to grow. The mesh toe ventilation offers excellent airflow capabilities.
The footbed is knitted with a thicker knit to give you more cushion and a more durable sock. You’ll also enjoy extra thick padding on the heel, toe, arch, and around the ankle. The top of the sock has soft elastic that can hold it in place all day.
- Comes with mesh toe ventilation
- Foot bed has a thicker knit for durability
- May be too tight for certain builds
- Could be too tall for shorter people
3. ZEALIYUE Waterproof Windproof Breathable Socks
The outer layer of these socks is made out of 74 percent Nylon for added durability, and the inner lining is 64 percent Coolmax fabric for a breathable and durable sock. This sock is designed to be unisex, and it has black and white marbling.
It’s 100 percent waterproof, and it’s also resistant to bacteria, fungus, mildew, and mold. They’re windproof as well. You’ll enjoy moisture wicking technology that keeps your feet dry and warm when you’re out and about. It also works to eliminate and odors and prevent and fungus problems.
- Designed to be durable and breathable
- Has moisture wicking capabilities
- Might not have enough padding along the bottom
- May not be waterproof against heavy rain
4. Dickies Men’s Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Socks
Choose from six, 12, or 18 pairs of socks when you order. They also come in four different colors and a variety of sizes. These socks features a blend of 78 percent cotton, 19 percent polyester, two percent spandex, and one percent nylon.
They have ventilation channels that offer good airflow as well. You’ll get arch compression support and padding to improve your comfort level. The heel and toe come reinforced so they can withstand wear and tear. You can machine wash these socks, so they’re very easy to take care of.
- Comes with a blend of durable but breathable fabric
- Get ventilation channels for optimal airflow
- Might run large to size
- Top portion can lose its elasticity quickly
5. Fruit Of The Loom Men’s Heavy Duty Reinforced Crew Socks
These socks come in black, grey, or white, and you can choose from several different sizes. They contain a durable blend of cotton, spandex, and polyester. It has moisture wicking technology that helps to control odors and keep your feet dry.
The soles of the socks are reinforced with a thicker knit, and this provides more support as you wear them all day. The heel and toe areas are also reinforced so that they can withstand wear and tear without fraying, snagging, wearing out, or tearing.
- Comes with built-in odor and moisture control
- Choose from three different colors
- Material may be slightly scratchy and rough
- Toe seam is large and can be felt easily
6. Carhartt All-season Cotton Crew Work Socks
These socks come in three different colors and three different fabric blends. You get cushioned cotton throughout the sock, and the sole of the sock features a slightly thicker knit area for added support and comfort. The top has a light elastic to keep them up.
The socks have antimicrobial properties that fight bacteria, fungus, and odors. You’ll enjoy an extra layer of padding in the heel and toe area, and this increases your comfort as well as the sock’s durability. They come in several sizes ranging from shoe size five up to size 15.
- Has an extra layer of padding in the heel and toes
- Comes in three different fabric blends
- Does not have a very wide elastic band
- Do not have form fitting capabilities around your arch
7. Working Person’s 8766 Grey Steel Toe Crew Socks
These socks feature a durable elastic band around the top to help hold the sock up through heavy use. You get a premium blend of four different fabrics, and this ensures that your socks are breathable and durable.
It has a layer of extra thick padding in the toe and heel area, and this helps them stand up to wear and tear. You also get an arch support system built-in. These socks are designed to help fight and eliminate odors, bacteria, and fungus for a healthier option. They also wick moisture away.
- Help to fight odors and bacteria
- Come with slightly tighter arch support
- May not have thick enough padding for support
- Can leave lint on your pants
8. Wigwam Men’s At Work Crew Socks
These socks come with a ribbed design that allows them to fit snugly to your foot, and you can choose from five colors. They’re made with a blend of three different fabrics and elastic for a stretchy and comfortable fit.
Each pair of socks comes treated with Odor Guard, and they’re resistant to bacteria, fungus, and moisture. These socks are very easy to care for, and you can wash them in the washing machine. The toe seam is flat for additional comfort, and there is extra padding in the sole of the sock.
- Has a flat toe seam for added comfort
- Made with a blend of three different fabrics
- Might be too tight on wider feet
- Might run small to size
9. Carhartt Men’s Low Cut Force Work Socks
These low cut socks are made out of 98 percent polyester for a breathable and stretchy design. They come in two different colors, and they can stretch to fit several different sizes quickly and easily. There is a small band of elastic around the top.
You’ll get moisture wicking technology that keeps your socks dry and odor free, no matter how hard you work. They also have antimicrobial properties built-in, and this stops bacteria or fungus from growing or spreading. You’ll also get fast dry technology, so they stay dry all day.
- Contains antimicrobial and moisture wicking technology
- Have a very breathable design
- May not stretch enough for larger sizes
- Does not have extra padding in the toe or heel areas
10. Enerwear Men’s Merino Wool Blended Trail Socks
These socks are made out of a high-quality wool blend that is designed to keep your feet dry and warm even in the harshest conditions. They have antibacterial deodorization that works for up to 72 hours to fight odor causing bacteria.
They have a thicker knit and a heavier cushioning throughout the entire foot area, and there is also ribbed arch support for a comfortable and secure fit. The toe seam is flat, and there is a heavy-duty band of elastic along the top to keep these socks upright all day.
- Made with a high-quality wool blend
- Contains padding throughout the foot area
- May be too thick for tighter boots to fit
- Not as breathable as other choices
When it comes to choosing your work socks, it’s important that you find a pair that is going to work with your work boots or shoes. You want to stay comfortable and reduce the fatigue or sore spots you have on your feet. Our reviews allow you to compare 10 work socks side-by-side, and our buyer’s guide give you important factors to consider when you’re work sock shopping.
You might want to check out our guide on the most comfortable work boots to go with your new comfy work socks!