When it comes to your hunting boots, you want something that is comfortable and functional. This is extremely important because you’re going to be out for hours and you want to stay warm, dry, and comfortable for as long as you’re out. They are very much similar to work boots in the sense that they need to be comfortable and robust as you’ll be in them for long periods of time.
This can also be a more expensive investment, so you want to ensure that whatever boots you choose are going to be able to handle the terrain you intend to use them in.
This can make it difficult to sort through the hundreds of hunting boots available and choose the best one for your needs. We understand this, and we understand how important your hunting boots are to you. This is why we rounded up nine great pairs of hunting boots and reviewed them. This, along with our buyer’s guide will give you a good idea of the criteria you want your new boots to meet, so they’re comfortable and functional through many hunting seasons.
Hunting Boot Buyer’s Guide
No two people are the same, and this is why one pair of boots that may be perfect for your friend may not suit you. It’s important to consider the following factors when choosing your hunting boots in order to buy the most perfect pair for your feet.
A lot of hunting is done in the cooler months or in the cooler morning hours. You don’t want your feet to get cold, so proper insulation is essential. As technology has advanced, so has boot design. This allows you to get a warm boot that is very lightweight and durable.
Your boot’s materials should be durable enough to withstand harsh terrain while remaining comfortable enough for you to wear them for extended periods. Leather is always a good choice along with metal eyelets and a thick rubber sole. Ideally, they’ll also have a rubber toe and heel cap as well.
Having a good level up support in your arches can help to ensure that you stay comfortable. Steel toed boots can also provide another layer of protection for the top portion of your feet. If you have weaker ankles or shin splints, look for boots that go up past your ankle and have a reinforced shin area.
Weather is unpredictable, and the last thing you want is to get stuck out in the woods with wet feet. Your boots should have a waterproof coating or a waterproof lining. This will help to ensure that you stay dry and warm the entire time you’re outside.
So Here’s My List Of The Best Hunting Boots on the market today!
1. Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hunting Boot
This hunting boot comes with a durable top grain leather and a thick rubber sole. The top grain leather is designed to be a single piece that is 2.8 thick, and this allows for extra waterproofing capabilities as well as for less abrasion.
The boots are insulated with a windproof and waterproof breathable membrane for additional comfort. The sole is reinforced, and it provides excellent traction no matter what terrain you wear them in. The nylon midsoles provide additional support, so you’re comfortable.
- Can get it in a regular, narrow, and wide width
- Gives very good ankle support
- Does take a while to break them in properly
- Midsoles may be too firm for some people
2. Huntshield Men’s Ridge Tracker High Cut Hunting Boot
These high cut hunting boots provide excellent ankle support when you wear them. The sole is made out of a thick rubber for added durability, and it is also slip-resistant on all different terrains. It also has a reinforced rubber toe and heel cap.
They are designed to be very lightweight, and they’re made out of a thick EVA material. The eyelets are made out of gunmetal and stainless steel, and this makes them resistant to rust, breaking, and corrosion. The leather outer layer also ensures that these boots are waterproof.
- Eyelets are very durable and resistant to wear
- Soles are designed to be slip-resistant
- Only available in five different sizes
- Toe cap may not last in rough terrain
3. LaCrosse Men’s Aerohead Sport Hunting Shoes
These lightweight and durable hunting boots are made with a molded polyurethane that wraps around a neoprene core. This makes the boots waterproof and flexible. The shin area is reinforced with a layer of polyurethane, and this layer provides abrasion resistance.
This boot has the Aero form technology that ensures that you’re comfortable when you wear them. It also works to make your boots very quiet when you wear them. These boots come in three different patterns and a variety of sizes so you can customize them to suit your needs.
- Comes with a reinforced shin support
- Choose from three different patterns and several sizes
- Can run narrow to size
- Might run slightly smaller to size
4. Irish Setter Men’s 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof Hunting Boot
This ankle high hunting boot is a good choice for using in the early season. It has a thick rubber sole with addition support in the toe cap, heel, and in the arch. It is designed to be waterproof and comfortable as well.
These boots also come with ScentBan, and this helps to ensure that you won’t have any problems with odors or scents sticking to your boots. The sole of the boot has thick ridging for additional support and traction so you can use them in wet conditions easily.
- Comes with ScentBan built-in
- Good to use for the early hunting season
- Can develop cracks at the flex point
- Might not keep your feet warm enough
5. Lowa Men’s Tibet GTX WXL – Wide Trekking Boot
This durable leather boot is supported by a Vibram sole. The sole has deep ridges for excellent traction and gripping capabilities, and it also has a toe cap for added durability. The heel of this boot is made out of extra thick Vibram.
The leather upper portion of the boot is made out of one piece to reduce the number of seams and weak points. It has a waterproof Gore-Tex lining, so your feet stay dry and warm when you wear these boots.
- Contains a waterproof and warm Gore-Tex lining
- Deep ridges on the sole provide good gripping capabilities
- May not be as wide as they appear
- Do take several days to break in
6. Hanwag Climbing Boots Mens Trekking Boots
These dark hunting boots are designed for distance walking or trekking. They come with a durable leather outer layer that has a Nubuk wax applied. This ensures that your boots are waterproof and that they’ll withstand normal wear and tear.
The eyelets are made out of a durable metal so they won’t wear down with repeated use. The boot’s soles are made out of a thick and durable Vibram, and they have deep ridging for added gripping capabilities. They come in three different colors and a variety of sizes.
- Comes in three different colors and several sizes
- Eyelets are made out of a durable metal
- May be slightly heavier to wear for extended periods
- Might be tight on higher arched feet
7. HOFFMAN BOOTS Men’s 10″ Meindl Steel Toe Insulated Eureka Lineman
These boots cater to medium and wide width feet. They’re tall enough to provide excellent ankle support when you wear them. They come with a steel toe built-in for added durability and protection.
These boots also come with a waterproof liner that will help to keep you dry and comfortable when you’re out. The sole features ridges and designs that help you grip onto a variety of different surfaces quickly and easily. It has double stitching along the seams for a greater durability.
- Has double stitching along the seams
- Comes with a waterproof liner
- Might take a while to break in
- Steel toe design makes them a heavier boot
8. Under Armour Men’s Brow Tine 2.0 400g Ankle Boot
This boot comes with waterproof full grain leather and it also has moisture wicking technology so your feet stay dry even in hard rain conditions. It has storm weatherproof membrane built-in, and this makes these boots breathable.
There is an anti-bacterial copper sock liner along the top of the inside of the boot, and it also has a UA scent control lining. This will help to eliminate any odors and keep them away. The speed lacing system is easily adjustable so you can put the boots on and take them off quickly.
- Has a copper sock liner for odor control
- Comes with built-in moisture wicking technology
- May not stand up to rocky or harsh environments
- Can start to split out at the seams quickly
9. Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme 1000 Insulated Hunting Boot
These 10-inch tall leather boots offer great ankle support. They have double and triple stitching throughout the boot for added durability. They’re made out of 2.8mm full grain leather, and this enables them to stand up to wear and tear easily.
The K-Talon outsole gives you excellent gripping capabilities as well as great traction. The metal forged boot hardware swivels and is resistant to rust or corrosion. They come with a Windtex membrane built-in, and this ensures that you stay warm and dry in harsh conditions.
- Features double and triple stitching throughout
- Rubber sole guard provides additional protection against abrasion
- May separate at the toe
- Might take a few weeks to break in
When you’re shopping for your new hunting boots, it’s important to do your research and find the boots that will withstand typical wear and tear and be comfortable enough to wear for extended periods. Our nine hunting boot reviews allow you to quickly and easily compare nine high-quality choices. Also, our buying guide makes it quick and easy to keep any important considerations in mind when it comes to choosing a durable pair of hunting boots.