A food chopper is a kitchen appliance that comes with a wide variety of uses. The chopper is designed to reduce the time spent using knives and other manual cutting equipment in the kitchen. With it, you can chop vegetables, fruits, and make other food types like butter.
Unlike the traditional food choppers that are operated manually, the modern types come with an electric motor. Food choppers are the smaller versions of food processors and their capacity range between 1 and 5 cups. With the chopper, you can easily slice carrots and tomatoes as well as dice onions without injuring yourself. Food choppers are also easy to clean, and their maintenance is simple.
Whilst food choppers do not provide multiple food preparation functions, they definitely improve chopping, dicing, and slicing efficiency. There are a variety of food choppers in the market, and it is all up to you to decide which model best suits your kitchen needs. Although the electric mini-choppers make your kitchen stylish, they are not always the best. To find a food chopper that you can depend on while in the kitchen; you should review numerous choppers’ quality features, size, and cost as per your budget limit. It is imperative to note that expensive does not always translate to quality!
Below are some of the best food choppers that you may come across in the market.
11 Best Food Choppers Reviews
SharkNinja Express Chop Food Chopper, Grey
If you want a kitchen appliance that will help with pureeing, chopping, and mincing, SharkNinja Express Chop Food Chopper could be your best bet. The chopper will help you make those sauces, soups, toppings, dressing, dips etc. It features a 200-watt power pod and Ninja blade for perfect veg or fruit preps. With it, you can grind and blend fruits or vegetables fast and with minimal effort.
• You can use it to make a wide variety of foods such as dressings, bacon crumbles, spreads, and many others.
• The equipment chops food fast and with ease thanks to its great power.
• Food tends to be stuck between the cracks on the motor.
Cuisinart CTG-00-PCH Mini Manual Food Chopper
If you’re on a budget or you just don’t want to clutter up your kitchen with another bulky kitchen tool, then the Cuisinart manual food chopper might be what you’re looking for!
It’s cheap and effective as a manual food processor as well as being a great alternative to an electric chopper. It has 3 curved sharp blades which gives you a fast and effective tool for chopping and processing food. It has a decent 2 and a half cup capacity and can easily be stored in any size kitchen cupboard. You operate it via a pull cord. Completely dishwasher safe and BPA free. Chops up onions and vegetables with ease.
Certainly one of the best manual food processors on the market, and exceptional value for money. I’ve had mine for 2 years and its still going strong.
BLACK+DECKER HC150B 1.5-Cup One-Touch Electric Food Chopper, Capacity
This electric food chopper is available in black and features the one-touch technology. This ensures that the bi-level stainless steel blade chops food with ease. It comes with multiple removable parts that render it easy to clean, especially since they are dishwasher safe. Its motor operates at 120 voltage and 70 watts. It comes with a capacity of 1.5 cups, and it has oil holes that come in handy in case you are making hummus and vinaigrette.
• The chopper’s power will efficiently chop, mince, and slice all types of ingredients.
• Its blades are designed for a long lasting performance.
• The equipment is dishwasher safe to help you clean it easily.
• The oil holes may be problematic since they spill juices and other liquid foods being made.
Onion Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper by Mueller
This might just be the strongest, 30 percent heavier duty multi vegetable-fruit-cheese-onion chopper. It can also be used as a dicer-kitchen cutter that enhances efficiency in the kitchen. It is made from ABS, which gives it a superior quality for break resistance. It features German 420-grade hardened stainless steel discs that operate with one simple motion to get all your work done.
• The chopper reduces onion vapor that could cause teary eyes.
• It is a great quality product as it is free from BPA and it is FDA certified.
• All its parts are dishwasher safe.
• The blades do not slice; they only dice. This limits its application in the kitchen.
More Kitchen Equipment Buying Guides
Best Food Saver Vacuum Sealers
Hamilton Beach (72850) Food Processor Mini Chopper
The 72850 food chopper has a capacity of 3 cups and is electric operated. The food chopper comes in black and, you can twist and lock where necessary with ease. The blades will chop and mix all the foods as required. For all chopping activities, you only need to press the lid and the chopper will do the rest. It has enough power and speed to prep all types of ingredients and foods.
• It is compact and lightweight yet has a capacity of 3 cups.
• The chopper’s stainless steel blades are durable and easy to maintain.
• It has no holes for adding items. As such, you have to stop the chopper for any additions.
Pampered Chef Cutting Edge Food Chopper
This is the best food chopper for you because it comes with a flexible cap and stainless steel blades. The cap can be used as a chopping surface as well as the cover for stored foods. The plunger is designed with a soft top so that you can chop your foods comfortably. The food chopper is constructed in dimensions of 9.25 inches (height) by 3.25 inches (diameter). It is also dishwasher top rack safe, which makes it easy to clean.
• You can control how fine or coarse you want your vegetables to be after chopping.
• The amount of food the chopper can prep at once is limited due to its small capacity.
Fullstar Vegetable Chopper
This is the right chopper for multiple functions and uses since it comes with a mandoline slicer dicer, an onion chopper, a vegetable dicer, a food chopper, a dicer pro, a spiralizer vegetable cutter, a veggie chopper, and a spiralizer vegetable slicer.
• It is fast and efficient for all your food prep needs.
• It comes with stainless blades that are noncorrosive and super sharp.
• It is a 7-in-1 Mandolin slicer and chopper.
• It slices soft vegetables like tomatoes with impressive consistency.
• Being manual, you need to be present when the equipment is operational. This means you use up your time and effort whenever you use it to prepare the foods.
BLACK+DECKER 1.5-Cup Electric Food Chopper, White, HC306C
This electric food chopper is available in white, and it comes with a cord storage. Its dimensions are 7.6 x 5.3 x 5.6 inches. This makes it compact and capable of occupying a minimal space in your kitchen. It has the one-touch technology that will make chopping and slicing much easier. The motor operates with a power of 120V and 70W. This gives it enough speed to handle all forms of ingredients and foods.
• It comes with blades that will stay sharp for a long time.
• The capacity is ideal for dip, salsa, pesto, and other foods.
• All the food chopper’s parts are dishwasher safe.
• The chopper’s lid locks in place for safety of your food.
• It also comes in a compact, sleek design.
• It only holds small amounts of food.
Electric Food Chopper, BESTEK 300W Mini Food Processor
This might just be the best 5-cup glass grinder for meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and other foods that need chopping, slicing etc. It offers versatility because you can opt for high or low speed operation. It weighs approximately 3.7lb and features dimensions of 7.65 x 6.18 x 9.64 inches. It features a powerful motor that works at a whopping 300 watts.
• It is easy to clean since all its parts are dishwasher safe.
• It is simple to use because you only need press the button.
• The food chopper’s glass bowl and stainless steel blades create a sturdy, high quality design.
• It comes with bi-level sharp blades.
• The food chopper comes fitted with a powerful motor that produces muffled sounds when operational.
• The motor will not work efficiently if used for over 30 seconds in a row.
Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer – Slicer Dicer Onion Chopper
Are you interested in a fast food chopper that will prepare all your foods with the highest level of consistency? If you are, this Fullstar vegetable chopper is here for you. It comes with 4 interchangeable blades that can be used for slicing, chopping, and julienning. The chop lid is built-in so you can chop your vegetables or fruits directly into the 1.2L tray. The blades are also made from heavy-duty 420 grade stainless steel. The food chopper’s design features a non-skid bottom to give it stability during use.
• It is highly versatile and can be used to complete a wide variety of tasks in the kitchen.
• The chopper comes with a soft grip handle.
• It comes fitted with blades that are rust resistant.
• The plastic container that accompanies the chopper is not as sturdy as many users expect since a few uses may crack it.
Proctor Silex 72500RY 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper
This 1.5 cup food chopper is the best tool to conveniently prepare food in your kitchen. It comes in a compact size but with a motor that is super powerful for efficiency. As such, you can chop and mince foods with ease when using it. It is designed with pulse functions that give you more control of the food preparation process besides consistency. The bowl is also transparent, implying that you get to see how the food is being prepped.
• The chopper comes in a compact design such that it takes up little space in your kitchen.
• It has a stable base.
• The chopper comes with a plastic container that is of low quality. As such, it tends to crack after a few uses.
Food Chopper Buyers Guide
Factors to consider when buying a food chopper
Most food choppers have a capacity of 4 to 5 cups, and this may limit how you use it in the kitchen. For household purposes, the mini-choppers are ideal. For professional bakers and chefs, however, they may have to buy larger models or food processors.
You will find a wide variety of food choppers that differ depending on their functionality. You may get some brands with built-in blades while others come with separate blades and other attachments. What’s more, some food choppers are operated manually while others run on electricity.
Speed and power
You should check the settings of the food chopper with respect to its power and speed. The chopper should be adequately powerful to perform its intended tasks. You do not want to over work the engines to the point where they burn out.
You want a chopper that comes fitted with blades made from stainless steel so that they can be durable. Although you will find choppers that can be cleaned in a dishwasher, it is advisable to hand wash the blades so they can stay sharp.
Brand and pricing
When shopping for a food chopper, you will find numerous brands of food choppers in the market that are available at different price. While most people will settle for the popular brands, you could also try out a new brand if you find it fitted with high quality features.